Well Sor-ry!

I have a stash.

Of chocolate.

I hide it in the freezer and only ever bring it out after the girls' bedtime so they don't see it and make me share.

As soon as the coast was clear last night I put on a CD (Jethro Tull, Best Of) and raided my stash for the biggest piece of chocolate I could find. I was reclining on the couch, enjoying my antioxidant packed goodness, when I choked on my own saliva.
Nice.

After a good few minutes of loud, breathless coughing, sweet and intuitive Miss F appeared by my side. She knelt down and put her head on my knees, looking up at me.
Awww.

When my strangled coughs subsided long enough for her to get a word in, she sat up and said, "Mum.. I can't sleep with all this noise, you know."

9 comments:

Debby said...

Could you feel the love?

(Side note: Jeepers, I thought I was the only one in the world who could choke on her own spit...)

Lin said...

Yes Al, it's not all about you, you know! lol

Anonymous said...

so glad she waited till she was sure you hadn't drowned in your own spit before she started complaining! ROFL

Unknown said...

Ha! Bless 'em :)

Anonymous said...

SO glad to hear someone else has a secret stash of chocolate!

Tracey said...

Classic. But as long as she didn't find out WHY you were choking.. ie. she didn't spring you on the Stash did she?

Pencil Writer said...

Sweet girl. Such a gentle way of clarifying the problem. Sweet. (Devious behavior, i.e. stashing chocolate, always, always catches up with us.)

Alison said...

Oh yes Debby - you are in fine company here. I have the 'choking on your own spit' routine down to a fine art.
Not all about me, indeed. I'll try to choke quietly next time lol.
I only stash the chocolate away to keep them from eating it because they are lactose intolerant. Honest.
No, she didn't discover my stash, she was too distracted telling me to be quiet.

Anonymous said...

lol...I though she was going to ask for some chocolate. Lucky you didn't have to give her some.
I don't like to share my chocky either...and I don't like the taste that chocking leaves on the said chocolate sliding down my throat.
Alison you are out of practice - you need to eat more so that you don't choke on the sweetness.