My kids are hilarious

There have been some hysterically funny bits of life with the 5 Kewl kidlets of late... So too kick off blogging in 2010 I thought I'd share a few!



Yesterday, Mr R was playing a soccer type game on TJ's nintendo thingy (I know it's called a DS, I just refuse to acknowledge it!). TJ was watching over Mr R's shoulder when all of a sudden he exclaimed,

"Woah! You can kick great for a kid with no legs!!!"



We had a fantastically exciting start to the new year - On the 1st of January, 2010, Sammi and Mary got married!!! Being a same sex relationship, they prefer the term "committed" to "married"... And instead of being pronounced wife and wife, they were pronounced committed.
This was hilarious enough given the pshych ward terminology reference, so when they were pronounced committed and then Miss V cried, "Hooray! My lesbians are crazy in love!"... Well, that just topped it off perfectly!



Miss J has really embraced her roll as big sister to a little brother. She has also really embraced the advantages of said little brother having no lower limbs. This week, she put on her caring big sister hat and taught 2yo Mr R his longest - and arguably most impressive - sentence yet...

"Help me! Help me! I can't feel my legs!"



A couple of weeks ago one of the boys in our home learning community (K) asked Miss F if he could be her girlfriend. From the moment she said yes I began hyperventilating and having heart palpitations. Miss F was experience the same symptoms, but for a very different reason. All swoony and fluttery-eyed, she said to me, "Oh mummy, if the world fell to pieces, K would put it back together again! And he would make sunshine, and rainbows, and all of the beautiful flowers!"

With this in mind, possibly the best news of 2010 (as far as this mother is concerned, anyway!) is that this week, K infected Miss F with conjunctivitis.
So she dumped him.
And she has sworn off boys, forever.




You know, I think I'm going to like 2010. And if the first week is anything to go by, I'm definitely going to need more clean underwear.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Awww....how sweet is your little Miss F!

And ooh, I hope you and your lovely family have a Blastful TwentyTen.XO

Anonymous said...

Very funny!! Happy 2010!

PlanningQueen said...

The "I can't feel my legs" made me cry with laughing!!!! Happy New Year to the Kewl House.

katepickle said...

ah I can always count on your gorgeous family to make me smile!